Physical therapy is a specialty dedicated to evaluating and treating disorders of the musculoskeletal and neurological systems. Physical therapists are licensed professionals who specialize in caring for patients with limited physical function. The ultimate goal of physical therapy is to help patients meet his or her greatest functional potential and restore the highest level of independence possible. At Sunrise Medical Group, we have some of the most experienced physical therapists in the South Florida region with extensive experience in the treatment of patients with neurological and orthopaedic dysfunction. Our therapists have additional expertise in stroke and vestibular rehabilitation as well as working with patients with diagnoses of Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis. Benefits of physical therapy may include:
- Improved safety and independence with walking
- Improved balance and decreased risk of falls
- Improved strength and range of motion for increased function
- Reduced fatigue and increased endurance
- Improved body mechanics and posture
- Increased independence with self and home care activities
- Return to work or sport after injury
Speak to your doctor if you think physical therapy is right for you. When your doctor has prescribed physical therapy, it will begin with a comprehensive evaluation to determine the best treatments necessary and establish an individualized program targeting your personal therapy goals. In our Pembroke Pines office, we are now seeing children in Physical Therapy, ages 6 and up.
If you have questions on preparing for physical therapy, visit our FAQ section.